We're celebrating Wales with our favourite facts that you probably don't know about. From the town with the longest name, to the most popular Welsh food, we've got your facts of the day sorted!
1. Only 21% of Welsh people can actually speak Welsh
Davids hapus Diwrnod st! For anyone still wondering, that means Happy St. David's Day!
2. Wales contains the most castles per square mile than any other country
3. Wales is often known as the land of song
Deriving from the 19th century when Wales was heavily connected to choral music.
4. Wales loves oven chips more than any other region
According to new statistics from
5. The Brecon Beacons National Park shelters Europe's largest caves
6. Cardiff has been named the best place to live in the UK
According to economic and social research from price comparison website
MoneySupermarket, Cardiff has the lowest cost of living, plus the lowest unemployment rate. Everyone get moving!
7. America's oldest ethnic society is Welsh
Welsh people may have settled in America before Columbus after a surge in the mining industry.
8. Mount Everest is named after a Welshman, Colonel Sir George Everest
9. The Llyn Brianne Dam is the highest in the UK
Standing over 300 ft tall.
10. A town in North Wales has the longest name recorded
Llanfairpwllgwyngyll is a large village and community on the island of Anglesey in Wales.
11. Wales is populated by four times as many sheep than humans